Arte Agência PT
1. This Thursday, June 7, marks the two month anniversary of ex-President Lula’s illegal political imprisonment. To protest against this infamous event, the Frente Brasil Popular will hold a march, called, “Towards the Free Lula Vigil” on Friday, June 8th, to bring hundreds of people to the traditional “good night” yell to President Lula in front of the Federal Police Headquarters. The march is starting at the 17th annual Agroecological Journey, which unites hundreds of workers from the city and the countryside in an exercise involving all of the sectors of society that areworking to defend democracy. See the event schedule here: http://www.pt.org.br/17a-jornada-da-agroecologia-acontece-de-6-a-9-de-junho
2. A delegation of Norwegians participated in the “good morning” yell to President Lula today. They have been in Brazil for 5 months and came to learn about the reality and actions of the social movements, as well as the social policies of the PT governments. They emphasized the importance of the Democratic Vigil and also the need to denounce Lula’s political imprisonment internationally.
3. Rodrigo Tacla Duran, ex-lawyer from Odebrecht construction company, who Sergio Moro barred from testifying as a defense witness for Lula, testified in Congress today (June 5) about a suspicious arrangement involving the sale of plea bargain testimonies, extortion, falsification of documents and other serious irregularities in Operation Car Wash. Learn more about his testimony here: http://www.pt.org.br/segundo-tacla-duarn-lava-jato-se-alimenta-de-esquema-criminoso
4. The theologian and writer Frei Betto visited Lula in Curitiba on Monday, June 4, and spoke and prayed with the ex-President, in a meeting that lasted one hour and fifteen minutes. Frei Betto said, in a text published in the press, that Lula is animated and very well informed about what is going on on the outside. Read Betto’s article here: http://www.pt.org.br/lula-nao-pensa-em-retirar-sua-candidatura-diz-frei-betto
5. The schedule at the #LulaLivre Vigil on Wednesday, June 6, is unmissable. In addition to the traditional good morning and good afternoon yells for President Lula, at 4:30 PM Doctor Ludimar Rafahim is participating in a debate about pension reform. At 5:30 PM journalist Johnny Martinez will deliver letters written to Lula from Argentinian leaders. Confirm the full schedule here: https://www.facebook.com/vigilialulalivre/posts/21492795590137
Bulletin 107 – People’s Committee in Defense of Lula and Democracy
Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil – 6/5/2018 – 10:30 PM